Monday, August 31, 2009

Summer in Seattle



We had a blast this summer, and we kicked it off with an awesome trip to Seattle! Our amazing nephew Mikey was getting baptized so we flew up there to be with him on his special day.

Luke's grandma gave him a special rockin' outfit to wear for his first trip to Seattle- so sweet!



This was Luke's first plane trip! He did SO good! Slept the whole time both ways!



He was so excited to spend time with family that he hadn't seen in so long!







Our visit also included spending the 4th of July in Washington. What a FUN experience! I knew that fireworks were legal there, but I didn't quite understand how cool it was until I experienced it! It's like Disneyland fireworks going off in EVERYONE'S back yard! Such a fun experience!





I lit off a few roman candles and held them as far away from my body as possible. I was a lot more comfortable with the sparklers!




And of course- Luke slept right through them- ahhh to be a baby!



It was 90 degrees there the first couple days we were there. Then without warning it suddenly turned freezing cold! Crazy Seattle weather! I love this picture of Luke all bundled up in his stroller at Pike Place!



It was a fun kickoff to a fun summer, and we're SO excited to spend time there again in the fall!

No comments: