Thursday, January 12, 2012

Bun in the Perkins Oven!

Aye aye aye! These past couple months have been insane! In November we found out we are expecting another Perkins! It's very exciting, but MAN I forgot how much pregnancy hates the crap out of me! Anyway, now that I am starting to kinda feel a teensy bit better I'm going to try to be better about keeping everyone updated on our lives.

We went to the doctor today and in the first couple months there is no fun news to share (I guess, other than the fact that there is a person living inside of me!). Anyway, so here's the update from the doctor : You've gained 8 lbs since you got pregnant. Well that's great! Considering the baby weighs an ounce and a half right now, I'd say I'm right on track.... to weigh 300 pounds when I give birth!

I don't have a 'bump' picture yet, but you can totally see it here, so enjoy! Yum!
I don't care that much, but what I do care about is that this pregnancy has ruined food for me. I have to eat so much so often to keep from getting sick that I am sick of every food on the planet. When you eat two of every meal every day there's not much left that you haven't eaten.

My majorly notable craving in the beginning was pastrami sandwiches. Mmmmmm....I could still go for a reeaaally good pastrami sandwich. Since the only quick and cheapish place we have around here as far as pastrami goes is Wienerschnitzel, I was cured of that craving pretty quick. (No offense Wienerschnitzel, but you don't understand pastrami)

Now my favorite thing ever that I could drink a million times a day is Naked Juice, specifically the Green Machine flavor. Mmmmm. Why do my cravings have to be so inaccessible/expensive?

Anyway, moral of the story, we're having a baby in July and we are really happy about it! Stay tuned!

7 comments:

The George's said...

Yay! How exciting! Congratulations!!!

radmegan said...

YAY for your baby bun! I have been waiting for the pix!!!! And FYI I LOOOOVE hearing what people crave!!! I wanna send you pickles and ice cream!

xoxo

Simonds Family said...

lol, poor Wienerschnitzel...it's so disgusting. Make Todd drive out to the Hat in Rancho Cucamonga, I don't have a love of pastrami but Johann does and he really likes their sandwiches. Or maybe Overland? Yeah, both kind of take away the quick or cheapish option but hey-you're growing a person. That involves some investment, right?! =)
Congrats again! July is going to be an awesome month!

Simonds Family said...

Wait, read and didn't skim and realized you are over that craving. Doh for me.

LauraD said...

Awe congrats!!! How exciting for you guys!

Mac McInroe said...

I second Debo. The Hat is DELISH! Or if you're ever in Norco for some reason, there is a way good pastrami place right by where x-records used to be. Also, congrats and stuff.

Doreen said...

YEAH! So excited for your growing family. About had water comes out my nose when I read the “right on track for weighting 300 lbs” thanks for the laugh. FYI if the craving comes back, Costco has a box of frozen pastrami sandwiches that you just zap in the microwave. Not as great as a deli but way better than Wienerschnitzel and handy (at 3am)in your freezer.