Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Update

I know my blog is long overdue for an update! Luckily I got rid of my miserable nausea and have been feeling pretty good for a couple of months. So here's all the stuff I know you want to know about us right now:

1. Gender of the baby: NO CLUE! I'm so impatient. We were supposed to find out 4 weeks ago and the Dr. said another month! Ugh! The wait is almost over. We go on Friday! Yay!

2. Weight gain: Because you care. Okay, seriously. Listen to this. I gained 8 pounds in my first trimester. My doctor was mortified. Most people gain 0-4 pounds. So at my appointment last month they said I had lost 3 pounds. Not good, got another lecture. At our appointment a couple weeks ago I had gained TEN pounds in the past 4 weeks. Another lecture. WTH? I have not changed my eating patterns AT all since I got pregnant. I laid off food a little once I got over my nausea because I no longer needed to be snacking constantly (although still almost constantly). I am so interested to see how the pattern continues, especially since I am not, nor have I been doing anything different this whole time.

3. Early babies: Luke came 3 weeks early, and that was with me getting shots and taking medicine to stop the contractions. He would have been a couple weeks earlier if the doctor hadn't stopped my labor in time. Now I'm majorly paranoid about preterm labor with this baby. Especially because with Luke I didn't even know I was having contractions. I spent a Saturday night in Labor and Delivery (because that's how I party). I was having contractions and not knowing if they were braxton hicks or the real thing. Gah! Lets hope this little one stays in for a few more months!

4. Misc.: I am feeling the baby move...a lot. It's awesome. I always love getting to this point in the pregnancy! It becomes so much more fun and real when you have a constant physical reminder of what is happening inside of you!

Luke is potty trained! Woo hoo! We get a 4 month break from changing poopy diapers! Good enough for me!

I am so grateful for the blessings our family has to look forward to.

3 comments:

Johann said...

haha, you should come out to Vegas to Dr. Ibay, or even the docs I had in Provo, the ones in Provo never even mentioned weight stuff and the one here says it and looks at me like, "can I say that?" and then moves on-haha. Maybe I'm just scary?
Glad you're over the nausea and hope the little man/miss stays put for a good while yet!

Johann said...

Oh, sorry, that was Deborah...

Jill said...

I was just thinking about you! I'm so excited for you to find out, though not as excited as you are, I'm sure. I'm thinking it's a boy. You'll have to let me know!