Saturday, March 27, 2010

My craft for this week...



I have 2 new shirts in my closet...made by ME! Well, Kind of...


This one started out being a long sleeved scoop neck tee. So I didn't ACTUALLY make it, I just embellished it. I cut off the sleeves and used the sleeve fabric to make the ruffles. This shirt was 4 dollars on clearance at Target! Woo!

I followed this tutorial and kinda made up some of my own rules too.




I got this shirt for 5 bucks also. I really like the fit of these shirts from Tilly's so I buy one in each color. But it's so boring just to have 5 of the same shirts! So this refashioning thing is really working out well.

For this shirt I just added ruffles, a strip of fabric to the middle and some buttons. I followed this tutorial, again making adjustments.

I'm not thrilled with how this one turned out. I thought if I put ruffles all down the front like in the tutorial that it would accentuate bulges that I don't want accentuated. But I'm not in love with how it turned out. Hey, at least it was only 5 bucks right!?




1 comment:

The comstocks said...

It all sounds great but I cant see any of your pictures!