Thursday, May 6, 2010

Custom T shirts


I just discovered a new craft technique that is sooooo cool! It's called freezer paper stenciling. I made two shirts using this technique:


I love it because you can make very custom shirts, which is just about the only craft I have found that is guy friendly!

I made the first shirt for Luke. We had a onesie made for him when he was a baby that said the same thing. But he grew out of it waaaaay too fast! I got this shirt for free from a gal that was giving away a bunch of old kids clothes. I found the Star wars font at dafont.com.

The second shirt I made for our Bro-in-Law for his birthday. He didn't know that Narwhals were real. He thought they were a mythical creature like a unicorn. So we made this to lovingly poke fun at him. And to share the gospel of the reality of the Narwhal.

If you want to learn how to do freezer paper stenciling there is a detailed video tutorial on how to do it here.

2 comments:

Simonds Family said...

haha, poor Macky pants. Cool craft though!

The comstocks said...

That is really cool, thanks for sharing!