Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Faux Gumball Machine


I love when I find a really simple project that yields awesome results. This was so easy, and I think it turned out really cute.

Supply List:
photo courtesy of  A Pumpkin and a Princess


I think the supplies cost me about 2 bucks total! I didn't use spraypaint, just a cheapo bottle of black paint like this:
The cool thing is that this is a really kid friendly craft. You could just sit the pot, paint, and a paintbrush in front of your kid and let him paint away until it's all covered up with black. Then all you do is glue the vase to the upside down pot, glue the wooden ball onto the saucer, and the rest works itself out!

I got the idea from the project here at a pumpkin and a princess.

4 comments:

radmegan said...

I LIVE THIS!!! Your house is so festive! :^) Great job!!

radmegan said...

And by LIVE, I mean, LOVE. It's still early....

Jessica Lynn Perkins said...

Thanks Megan, don't worry about the typo, 7 am might as well be the middle of the night as far as I'm concerned! Way too early! =)

I try to be festive for Luke's sake! Last year we didn't decorate or carve pumpkins or anything and I felt so bad. I'm trying to make up for it! =)

Kori Pratt said...

I love this! I thought it was so cute I already made one for myself! Keep the cute craft ideas coming! :)