Wednesday, January 19, 2011

An award? For meeeee?



Why, thank you!

One of my favorite people, Megan, awarded me the stylish blogger award! Thanks, Megan! I do feel like it lowers the standard of the award to be given to a lazy blogger such as myself! But I'll take it!!! I love my blog, however neglected it may be sometimes. I love that it gives me a way to document life when I would never take the time to do so otherwise!

So, along with the award, I have to do some other things. I don't know what happens if I don't do them. Maybe I get erased from the Stylish Blogger Hall of Fame. We don't want that to happen so here it goes. I'll do my best:


Thing #1: Thank, and link back to, the person who awarded you this award
Thanks so much, Megan! I am totally obsessed with your blog. I was just telling my husband the other day how it is such a perfect balance of food, crafts, photography and humor! 
Everyone check out Megan's blog- she's awesome! 


Thing #2: Share 7 things about yourself
1. I have a huge crush on Ron Swanson from Parks and Rec. He is so grumpily handsome! I guess there are younger guys on the show that I could be infatuated with but---meh. Swanson is my man. 
2. I am majorly cursed. My husband and I CAN NOT cook for other people. When we do it always turns out burnt, raw, or deadly in some other way. We have tested our curse out dozens of times thinking maybe it was just a fluke. No, no, it's a curse. 
3. Two things that I wish Todd and I would have done before we started having kids is visited Europe and lived in a big city for a while. I guess now we will just have to wait till our kids are grown and then spring break it up in Europe and New York!
4. I am not creative AT ALL. I would say I am talented, but definitely not creative. I can copy most things that I see, but I could never come up with ideas on my own. Most people don't understand the difference between talent and creativity so people expect me to have good ideas for stuff just because I can make stuff. Not so. 
5. I have a major nap addiction. I literally can not allow myself to rest or lay down between the hours of 1pm-5pm, otherwise I uncontrollably fall asleep for many hours. Some people in my family have narcolepsy. Maybe I should get that checked out. 
6. Favorite dessert when I'm trying to be healthy: Apples dipped in peanut butter and a half-glass of chocolate milk. (Yeah, that is my healthy version of dessert. Can you imagine what I'd eat otherwise.) 
7. Once in college, I pooped my pants a little bit at a Country Steaks all-you-can-eat buffet and I didn’t leave until I finished my second plate of shrimp(***Note: this didn't actually happen but you get a zillion points if you can tell me where it's from!***)


Thing #3 Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers

Well, there aren't 15 and they are not all recently discovered but here are a few people that I know in real life whose blogs are awesome! Sorry, just got too lazy to do 15. I know, I know, revoke my award

Maggi's Misadventures
I (Heart) Food
This Just In
Sidmonds Family Inc.
Alter Ego
Cinnaberry Suite
Simpsonized Crafts

These ladies are so awesome! Some of them are ridiculously crafty, some are incredible and hilarious writers, and some make some dang yummy food. Check them out!


Thing #4 Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!
Done.

P.S. To be deserving of this most honorable award I decided that I am going to try harder at blogging. Stay tuned for my attempts.

5 comments:

radmegan said...

Jess I adore you!!! You are so busy that whenever you post I stop everything else to read it -because i LOVE your blog. Love your photography, love the honesty, and love the crafts you do. You are fantastic.

SO wishing I knew what that quote was from- but at least we have the Parks & Recs crush in common! LOVE his deadpan stares of disapproval!

Congrats!

xoxoxo

s'mee said...

i need to add my "amen!" to the award, because i love reading your blog and pretending i'm young and hip. i love you guys, i really do. i also want you to know that i totally understand the "creativity" vs "talent" - i feel the exact same way. it can be frustrating at times, but there you go. : /

congratulations sweety, you deserve it!

(on a side note, why is my word verification "moron"? LOL)

Elder Esplin said...

SERIOUSLY!? How stinkin' awesome is that?! THANK YOU! I'm excited to be able read your blog now too! I had no clue where to find you. I guess I could have asked you..:) So, congrats to you. Thanks for sharing all those fun facts...LOVE 'EM! Heeehee! Oh, are you still awake? KIDDING! Thanks again girlie!

SmOoChes,

Jennie

AUDRA said...

You totally deserve this award! Thanks for passing it along :)
You made my day!! :)

Jessica Lynn Perkins said...

Thanks guys! You are all sweet! I am, however, a little disappointed that NO ONE knew where the quote was from! =) 30 Rock-Liz Lemon!