Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Fun at the Zoo!

One of my goals this year is to spend more productive time with Luke. Like, instead of watching back to back episodes of Ni-Hao Kai Lan (Which, by the way, is teaching him horrible habits! You would think that a network that advertises that it is like preschool for your child would be more careful about what they are teaching kids. )we would do something that would help him learn, or that would be more fun for both of us. 

On Saturday we went to the zoo in Hesperia. I love this place. We got in and out of there for less than 20 bucks including admission, 2 cups of food for Luke to feed the animals, and a little cheetah print jeep toy for Luke. 

                 ***Funny tidbit: Some of the animals, like the monkeys, have little toddler tricycles in their cages to play with. Luke is sooooo obsessed with trikes and cars that when we are looking at those animals he is pointing to and looking at the toy instead of the extremely fascinating animal in front of our faces!

If you live in the area, especially if you have little kids, you need to go here! And I'm so glad we opted for real tigers rather than the cartoon Kai Lan tiger that tells his friends, "I DON'T WANT TO PLAY WITH YOU ANYMORE!!!" Yikes.    







                 

2 comments:

Jill said...

I can't believe how big Luke is getting! He's definitely not a baby anymore.

Jessica Lynn Perkins said...

Ah! I know! I have to sneak into his room at night and hold him while he's sleeping so I can pretend that he is a submissive, sweet little baby, rather than a wild two year old. I still love him to pieces though. So fun!