Monday, September 6, 2010

UTAH




Oh Utah, the only words that I can think of to describe this state were said by one of Todd's mission companions, "Utah's lack of culture is a culture in and of itself." Well said, brother. Well said.

Does anyone else think it's strange how many Ranch Exits there are off the 15 on the drive to Utah?

Anyway, we went to Utah this summer so the kids could see their Great Grandma Viehweg, and to surprise my sister on her birthday. She (Laurel) kept begging us to come visit her and we kept making up excuses, knowing all the while that we really WERE going to go see her. Her reaction was priceless:


Laurel has this thing that we have lovingly entitled "the cry-smile" or the "cryle" if you will. It's when she cries and smiles at the same time. It cracks us up, and it is what got us through that miserable 9 hour drive!!! Thanks Laurel!

We hung out with Laurel a lot...


And the kids spent lots of time with Great Grandma Viehweg.

They loved her stash of old toys.

I love my Grandma's toys. She has a big stash
that my Dad and his brothers used to play with
when they were younger.
When I would come to visit her when
I was little I would play
with them, and now my little boy plays with them.
They have been enjoyed by 3 generations!!!

One day while we were in Utah I got feeling pretty bad for Luke
and all the sitting in the car he had been doing all week.
As a reward I introduced him to one of my favorite treats:

...it was pretty messy



But he deserved it!!!

2 comments:

Elaina said...

That video is super cute! Aunties LOVE their nieces and nephews!

Deanna said...

Just so you know, yes! there are an absurdly amount of Ranch Exits off the 15. I have thought about photographing them but, never did so I think it's great that you did.
And... I LOVE pilates too! I think exercising your core is the key to skinniness.