Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Cool photo editing trick

A few months ago I found a tutorial here on how to add a background to a plain photo. I wanted to try it, but never got the chance. Untill....



I had the awesome privilege of taking photos of my friend's new baby. Look at this little guy! Have you ever seen a baby boy this cute!??! I'd say he's in my top 3 of cutest baby boys!

before

I didn't feel like a plain black background was good enough for this cute little face. So I went on google images and found a polka dot background (Note: I do not know the legality of doing this, do it at your own risk! =)) And laid it on top of the picture and then lowered the opacity and erased it off of his face, and...

Tah dah!

after

I think it brings out the cuteness of the picture a lot more. I am not very good at this technique just yet, but I am excited for the possibilities it opens up. Anyone could take a picture of their baby on a plain white wall at their house and, with some simple editing, make it look like something that was done at a studio!

3 comments:

Kerri Viehweg said...

Shouldn't that be top three cutest boys!!!

Jessica Lynn Perkins said...

Oh crap! I knew I was leaving someone out! I was thinking, 'It's not Mikey because I didn't know him when he was a baby' Dangit! Yes it should be the top 3! I should go fix that! =)

Mas*tailor* made in Heaven said...

Aw! That's my baby!! (= I can't wait to see the rest of the pics!!