Thursday, September 23, 2010

Halloween Countdown

Now that we have a little one running around it's time to start hyping up the holidays! I thought this countdown was the perfect way to get Luke excited for Halloween.

I found my inspiration for this from a couple different blog posts. Here and here.

This was an exciting project because it was soooo cheap! The blocks are made from a 4x4 that I had cut into about 20 pieces. And the base is a 2x4. I think the 4x4 was $7 and the 2x4 was $3. But that makes enough pieces for 10 of these. So the total cost of the wood is $1 per countdown. Not bad!
I had my brother's wife over and we each made 3. One for us and a couple for the girls we visit teach. The only thing I would recommend is doing it in stages. Cut and sand the blocks one day, cut the sqares of scrapbook paper another day, etc. We did it all in one day, and it got a little exhausting.


39 days to CANDY!!! Happy counting!

2 comments:

Simonds Family said...

Why can't you be my visiting teacher?! Those are really cute!

Mas*tailor* made in Heaven said...

How did you do your numbers? I want to make one! (= I guess I could just paint them on?

ps. Tell me on facbook because I'll most likely forget to look back on here. Oh and where did you get your wood pieces??