Monday, November 8, 2010

Asymmetrical, Pleated Shirt Refashion

I love fall/winter weather! My favorite thing ever is layering. I think t-shirts, tank tops, and such become so much cuter with a contrasting long sleeved shirt underneath. That's why I was thrilled when I found this tutorial for a one-sleeved, pleated tank top.



















It was relatively easy, and I love the result! I didn't have a long sleeve crew neck shirt like the one in the tutorial above, mine was scoop neck so it turned out a little different. If you see the shirt and think, "That would be much cuter if it was a little less cave woman" then check out the tutorial, because if you do it the right way, it's much less extreme (meaning if you wore this shirt without an undershirt you wouldn't get charged with indecent exposure)! I want to try it with a crewneck soon because I seriously love this look, but the only thing that bothers me is the angle of the neckline.  

But for now, I am excited for this cute shirt that I could never pull off wearing if it weren't for layering! Woo hoo!

***Please do yourself a favor and follow the link above the pictures to the original tutorial. It is a much cuter shirt when: a)made correctly, b) not wrinkled, and c) on someone with any kind of a shape!!!

3 comments:

radmegan said...

Uh, you are soooo not allowed to make a comment about your shape! My first thought was, "Cute top" followed promptly by, "Dang, Jess is such a model."

So there. You are model-like. Deal with it!

Jessica Lynn Perkins said...

Aww, thanks Megan! I could really use a couple inches in the *ahem* bust area. But I guess I'm lucky to be long and lean. No one has it all right? (except Megan =))

radmegan said...

Haha, you are sweet. And so mislead! :)

xoxo

PS I just found out you went to HS with one of my relatives! Random :)