Monday, November 1, 2010

Caramel Apples

Caramel apples are my favorite fall treat! Oh my goodness! They are so good! I didn't like them for a long time, because I always tried to eat them off the stick and it is impossible. But when I learned to just cut it up and eat it like a regular apple, I fell in love! 

These are super easy to make. I love when desserts are easy and turn out pro looking. Unlike this fail of a cake that was super labor intensive and turned out so, so sad!

After I dipped the apples following the directions on the caramel package I melted chocolate and dipped them in that, and sprinkled them with various toppings. The toppings are the fun part! It's so fun to think of all the different things you can do. I did sprinkles, butterscotch drizzle, Reeses pieces, crunched up Snickers, Butterfinger, and Kit Kats.

A couple toppings that I wanted to try but didn't were sea salt sprinkled, apple pie (dipped in white chocolate instead of milk chocolate and sprinkled with a mixture of brown sugar, cinnamon, and graham cracker crumbles), and mini M&M's.

I like that these can be easily packaged up and shared with friends. Mmmmmmm...

2 comments:

radmegan said...

Those look INCREDIBLE!!!

The Garcias said...

Hi Jessica! This is Jennie Garcia. I remember reading this post a few weeks ago and remembered it today when I saw a sight that was showing a recipe that may or may not sound good to you...SMORE caramel apples. They first dipped the apple in caramel then added chunks of graham cracker and little marshmellows to the still wet caramel. THEN covered it all with (or dipped into?) melted chocolate! This sounded magical to me but I just thought I would pass it on to you since you got me in the caramel apple mood to begin with!